Friday, April 1


Lys Posted by Hello

This is my sister. Hopefully she does not mind such a large portrait of herself on my blog, but I had to talk about her tonight.

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking with Lys and mentioned my sadness about leaving our piano behind in Rochester. I kind of joked around and asked her to make sure and play it a little bit since I could not come home and do so.

Today was moving day for the family. At the end of my school day here in Tulsa I checked my voicemail and was surprised to find a message from Lys. "Hi, April, the house is empty and I'm the last one here. I promised to play the piano for you one more time before we left, so here goes...." And though she has never been one to sit at the piano, she sat down today just for me. She played Happy Birthday and Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee and in between she made sure that every key and every note was played over the phone line. I never expected her to remember my request or to even think about calling and playing over the phone. Of course, the tears came as I listened and realized that someone actually understood how it felt to miss home and how important it was to acknowledge such feelings.

Thank you, Lys. :) It meant so much that you would remember a seemingly small, but rather important piece of my heart. You are the best sister in the whole wide world. :)

1 comment:

83princess said...

That is so sweet, it almost made me cry!
:-)