Sunday, April 10

"How many an artist has been crushed in a family that prefers a 'rational' approach to life? How many an engineer dismissed by a family of musicians? How many of us are lost in life simply because no one in our early world saw our glory and affirmed it?...These blows aren't random or incidental. They strike directly at some part of the heart, turn the very thing God created to be a source of celebration into a source of shame. And so you can at least begin to discover your glory by looking more closely at what you were shamed for. Look at what's been assaulted, used, abused.
As Bernard of Clairvaux declared, 'Throught the heart's wound, I see its secret.'"
Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
Psalms 34:5

3 comments:

83princess said...

April-
All I can say is that you are loved, more than you will ever know and that I am here for you, praying for you.
I understand and know where you are coming from.
God has been working on me in the same area of my heart, and healing those areas that were torn down in my childhood.
I am reading Wild at Heart by John Eldridge and I am getting SO much out of it (even though it was writen to guys).
I hope this has been some help of encouragement to you and please e-mail me if ever you need someone to talk to.
:-)

Anonymous said...

april,
this may sound ridiculous but this picture came to mind as i read your entry. i saw a flower growing up and out of where garbage and manure had been dumped. it's funny isn't it how garbage and manure is used as a fertilizer to make things grow even better. for all that has been "dumped" on you God is causing life and growth to spring forth in you in ways that wouldn't have happened had these difficulties not occured. God is bringing forth life in the "rottenness" of these circumstances. i love you!

Anonymous said...

This is a poem that I really like. It was written by a teenager who became a famous star and then passed away, Tupac Shakur.

God
when I was alone and had nothing
I asked 4 a friend 2 help me bear the pain no one came expect...God

when I needed a breath 2 rise
from my sleep no one could
help me except...God

when all I saw was sadness
and I needed answers no one
heard me except...God

so when I am asked who I
give my unconditional love 2
look for no other name
except...God