Sunday, October 30

Fractions

Friday, I was pulled out of my classroom to speak with my principal. She had finally made the decision to pull in another teacher and had come to pass on the news. Effective immediately...my class would be cut in half. 26 to 13.

So tonight, I have carefully split my students into two lists. It's going to be great for them...they'll get more of the attention that they need. And I am going to be WAY better off...I will finally be able to focus on teaching and not so much on behavior management.

In some ways, I feel that I have failed a couple of the students. I won't be able to get them through the year...they will be going to the other class. It's been a tough 10 weeks and there won't be any reconciliation or time to improve. But then again, I remind myself continually, it's not about me...I just need to keep moving and handle what's in front of me.

I almost feel as if this was an answer to my prayer on Thursday. The "God please help me get these kids under control, because I don't know how" prayer. I'm looking foward to the possibilities.

1 comment:

83princess said...

I am happy for you April!