Monday, July 25

Diamond in the Rough...

What does it take to truly know someone, to truly love them? Can it happen in a day? How long does it take? And what does it take?

I knew the point would come in my life where I would have to trust someone else to forgive and forget my past wrongs. I can live with it now. I can carry it on my shoulders. I can use it to extend mercy to those without hope of mercy. I can remember what God has done. It is my story. But when the story is told, who will love me? And will I love me? And what will I be?

I have always loved those who are rough around the edges. I have loved the people who went against the grain. I have loved the people who didn?t exactly have it all together. But I never thought of myself that way. In comparison, I was way smoother. Until today, I did not realize how rough around the edges I truly have been. I sat in church blinking back tears. So badly, I want someone to know my life and to love me in spite of it all. Christ has done it, He loved me before my life began, knowing every decision I would make. He died for me and gave His life for me, knowing my sin.

I keep thinking about the diamond and the process that it goes through.

I am not conventional. I am not traditional. I only know Christ. I only know that I need Him. That?s all I know. I cannot impress with theology and Christian discipline. I do not fit in with the "church" people. And, at the same time, I do not fit in with the world who lives ignorant of the fact that God loves them. I sit here, in between, not knowing what lies ahead. I know there are others like me.

3 comments:

pip said...

there are hun. there are. *hug*

83princess said...

I am in agreement with pip!
Thanks for sharing this.
:-)

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, when you say you don't fit in with the church people or the world that is lost and cannot fathom the love that God has for them. April, you are one of the most beautiful people I have ever met. Beauty is so much more then the exterior. Beauty is what a person has to offer from there mind, and more importantly from the heart. Beauty is something few can optain but so many strive for. Beauty is natural and we can only see beauty through a persons personality, and when we really get to know someone. I know that I may not know you very well but I have been around you long enough and read enough of your webpage to know that you are a beautiful person.