Tuesday, June 28

Welcome to NY.

I keep telling my friends that I feel like I'm coming home. It always feels that way.

Home has changed and so have I. I like it that way. But as I sit here at Panera, I hear the same voice inflections, see the stereotypical families and business dressed men and women, reflect upon the fact that I still, for the most part, know my way around this city. I love this place. It is where I come from. I am truly interested in what is happening and feel as if I understand how things work. My heart goes out to the people here, friend and stranger. I wonder if I'll ever come back. I hear it calling my name sometimes. Or is it the memories of this place? I don't know...it's Tuesday afternoon, and I have way too many people to get in touch with to contemplate these things.

All this to say, I am glad to be here. :)

1 comment:

83princess said...

It's good to be "home" again! I know this feeling very well. *smile*
Hope you have a great time!