Wednesday, April 19

Flowers for the Teacher



Wilbur and Charlie came to class early this morning. They know they're supposed to wait outside the door with the rest of the classes...but this morning they had picked a beautiful arrangement of flowers on the way to school and couldn't wait to put it in my hands. "Miss T., there's an onion in there too." I didn't even have to ask...the smell of the wild onion overpowered any floral scents that might have come from the rest of the arrangement. "Yeah, Miss T., we got chased by a really big dog when we were picking this flower." I had to ask...not only were there wild flowers and weeds that might have grown anywhere along a sidewalk or parking lot on the way to school...mind you they don't live in the country...these flowers were also lovingly picked from gardens and flower beds all along the way. I love these kids. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im tellin ya...
you should keep track of these stories and pictures and publish a book. id be your first buyer. that story is absolutely precious!
~jenna

Anonymous said...

so very special, so funny,your kids just bless my heart. I agree with Jenna, you gotta write a book.