Sunday, April 2

The Waiting

Psalm 27:13, 14
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

Hosea 12:6
But you must return to your God;
maintain love and justice,
and wait for your God always.

Hebrews 6:15
And so after waiting patiently,
Abraham received what was promised.

James 5:7
Be patient, then, brothers,
until the Lord's coming.
See how the farmer waits
for the land to yield its valuable crop
and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains.

I looked through a Bible concordance this morning to find verses on waiting. These are only a few. Waiting seems to be a common theme throughout the Old and New Testament. Seems like when one is waiting it is very hard to keep hope alive. This morning I choose to remain hopeful in my waiting and remain confident in the Lord.

1 comment:

83princess said...

I needed to read those...thank you!