Wednesday, July 16

Deeper

I love this picture.
In a world of uncertainties, in a time of letting go, in the every day wonderings of who we are, this picture reminds me that God is with us all along the way.  If we could just stand on the mountaintop with Him every day.  If we could just enjoy the relationships He has given us.  If we would just trust Him to lead us to our hearts desire...He would.

This has been quite a week...a week of change, uncertainty, and even a bit of sadness.  It has been a week to slow down, to realize that I have been going about things all wrong.  I cannot exclude that in the midst of it all, there has been joy and a peace that surpasses all understanding.  I feel deeper as if I have an understanding I did not have before.  I am thankful that the Lord knows what is going on.  I am thankful that He intervenes on our behalves.  I am thankful that He works all things together for good.  The only important thing is knowing Him, knowing that He loves us, and loving Him in return.  The only important thing is trust...even when, and mostly because, we cannot always see the answers.

If you have not yet read "The Shack" by William P. Young...you just might want to go and grab yourself a copy.  I couldn't put it down.

No comments: