Monday, January 16

Going With God

On Friday, before going out dancing with the girls I prayed and said, "God, would you just send someone nice to hang out with for the evening?" In my own understanding it was sort of a selfish prayer. I'm not a big fan of meeting guys at a club (or even just dancing with them), but I do know there are good, safe guys out there. And being that it was country line dancing there seemed to be even more of a chance. God knows what He's doing...He answered my prayer, but I'm guessing not without His own agenda in mind. When this same guy asked me out the next night, I struggled with whether I should go or not (due to the circumstance of our meeting)...but seeing as how it was a good opportunity to make a new friend, I agreed. And again, I prayed, "God, go with me tonight. Bring opportunities to share your love." Haha. :)

I didn't even have to say a word that night to bring up a "God" conversation. Everywhere I went the conversation kept turning to God, just as naturally as the weather. I'm still laughing about it. He showed up, just like I asked. He showed up during our dinner conversation, and this guy kept saying, "I don't usually talk about religion on the first date." He showed up when we later met up with another friend at a little hole in the wall bar. Turns out this friend grew up in the same church circles where I went to college.

I'm glad I asked Him to come. I'm glad there was opportunity to share His love. I don't think I'll be going out to the clubs and bars every weekend, but going with God makes it way more exciting and fulfilling than if I ever went on my own.

No comments: