Thursday, January 13

Word of the Week
(dictionary.com)
Fullness

Containing all that is normal or possible.
Complete in every particular.
Being at the peak of development or maturity.
Totally qualified, accepted, or empowered.
Having an appetite completely satisfied.
Providing an abundance.
Having depth and body.
The maximum or complete size or amount.
The highest degree or state.

1: completeness over a broad scope [syn: comprehensiveness]
2: the property of a sound that has a rich and pleasing timbre [syn: mellowness, richness]
3: the condition of being filled to capacity
4: greatness of volume [syn: voluminosity, voluminousness]

Okay, so maybe I went a little overboard on the definition of this word. I like to do the occassional word search. Fullness has been bouncing around for the last couple of weeks. I've been thinking about how much I want to walk in this state of being at all times. God promises that with Him we will walk in fullness. He promises that we will lack for no good thing, and that our hearts will be satisfied. I know that I have not reached this place yet. But I long for it. I long to be out of debt. I long to be settled and living out my life with purpose. I long to live in abundance taking care of my own matters while always being able to give towards the needs around me. I long to be able to truly say, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul." I long to be able to really believe it and share it's substance with those around me.

I am beginning to see the change. I am beginning to see the details unfold in my life. Even in my kindergarten classroom the learning and ideas are coming together. I am on the verge of not only treading water but actually swimming to safety. Step by step, moment by moment life is coming back.

For this reason
I bow my knees
to the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ...
that He would grant you,
according to the riches of His glory,
to be strengthened with might
through His Spirit
in the inner man,
that Christ may dwell in your hearts
through faith;
that you,
being rooted and grounded in love,
may be able to comprehend
with all the saints
what is the width and length and depth and height-
to know the love of Christ
which passes knowledge;
that you may be filled
with all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3:17-19


No comments: