Monday, November 30

December 1

Right now I am thankful for warm blankets and Christmas lights that my roommate insisted should be put up early this year. I am thankful for a job that gave me the space to turn off the lights for an hour in the middle of my day today just to read and regroup. I promise I will try harder to be all there tomorrow. I am thankful that my family is only a phone call away. Their words have spoken truth to me in the midst of much despair. I am thankful for mom and dad who bought me new tires when I have no idea how in the world I would have done such a task. I didn't worry so much about rain this morning. I am thankful for friends who keep calling and asking and loving just when I need it most. I am thankful for butternut squash soup (which sounded really awful at first but ended up tasting pretty good) and grilled cheese sandwiches on rye. I am thankful for a God who doesn't forget His promises, even when everyone else does. I get to wake up in the morning. I get to try again...and keep trying until I get there...wherever there is.

He is working all things together for my good. I have to keep repeating that to myself tonight. I have to keep reminding myself of the words I heard in my heart at the moment when other words were the most painful..."I am making all things new." I have to keep saying to myself..."Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, lean NOT on your own understanding." Yep, that about covers it. It's the soundtrack in my head, along with Sara Groves', "love wash over a multitude of things..love wash over a multitude of things...make us whole".

November I must say, I am glad to see you go. December is a new place to start.

No comments: