Sunday, May 23

So I haven't been very faithful to my blog lately, but that does not discredit the fact that my life has been overwhelmingly full of thoughts that I hope one day will transform into words. So to you who are faithful to check up on me every once in awhile...all is well. Transition time is here.

Right now, there is a very large thunderstorm brewing outside. I am wondering if a tornado will take place somewhere in the vicinity. Of course, I have not been in Oklahoma long enough to recognize the difference in the shapes of thunderstorm clouds vs. tornado clouds. I have only been here long enough to know that any storm excites the weathermen, who give detailed accounts of pertinent information that must interrupt regularly scheduled programming. So right now I am going to turn on the tv. Okay, still just a thunderstorm.

Anyways, I am reading a book called A Table in the Presence by Lt. Carey H. Cash. He talks about being on the front lines of the current war that we are facing. He was with the first groups to enter Iraq. Miracle after miracle occured and God protected these men on the front lines. Many soldiers have committed their lives to Christ. What an amazing story that we do not hear from CNN or any other public news network. My faith has been both challenged and encouraged. Every person Christian or otherwise needs to read the account of these soldiers who faced death all day long and whose God delivered them out of their affliction.

My friends Joe and John are there right now, on the front lines in Iraq. My life will never be the same because of their courage and their faith. They are sacrificing their lives all day long for people who do not understand the freedom that they bring and the sacrifice they are willing to make. Even children throw rocks at them, and still they lay their lives down. God recently reminded me of this verse which I sent in an email to Iraq...
For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

Christ was hated by those that He died for. He brought freedom to those who did not understand and could not perceive the great gift He had brought to them. These soldiers carry the same job with honor. We Christians should carry the call just as firmly, just as resolute.

1 comment:

pip said...

i love the new layout hun. i really do:-) i just emailed you. hope to talk to ya soon!