Thursday, August 12

Paul said that he had learned to be content whatever his circumstances happened to be. Well, there is a novel idea. Easier said than done, Paul, but I think you've touched on something. I was reflecting on this verse as I walked into Wal-Mart to return the 3rd Lord of the Rings movie. Nothing out of the ordinary, except my heart was aching to be with someone 100 miles away. There is nothing I can do to be closer to him right now. There is too much to be talked out, figured out, planned out. I want it all settled now. I want security now. But I am learning that prayer is the key. Prayer puts my heart at peace in the midst of chaos. It is giving birth to confidence in the God who has given me the gift of faith. It is giving me the strength to believe that hope does not disappoint us. It is giving me the ability to wait upon God.

What if I could be content with him or without him? Is that possible? Will there ever come a time when I will be with him every day? Will there ever come a day when I will be secure that he will never leave again? I am trusting that God hears my prayers. I am trusting that God is moving in the midst of us.

I wonder if he hears the tears in my voice when I hang up the phone. I wonder if he feels the same kind of longing. I wonder if he is making plans. I wonder what God is speaking to his heart. Only time and faith will tell I suppose.

Love is patient.

No comments: