Tuesday, December 14

I felt it again, that twinge in the pit of my stomach. As I sat across from a friend I had not seen in awhile, I was reminded of my spoken standards. I was reminded that I wanted more. I was reminded that there are others who hope for what I have almost given up on. I was reminded that, yes, love is possible. And not only love, but love that comes from knowing God. His is the best love. And yet I have already made a decision. I have an obligation to stick to my word. No, I have not committed my heart as of yet. No, I have not made life altering promises. But I am on the verge and I am afraid of my response when faced with the questions. Should I have said yes? Should I have been so open, so sincere? Where is wisdom and where is compromise? How do I share God's love without making myself vulnerable? As if that was even possible. How do I know when to stay and when to walk away? How do I get back on track? Am I on the right track? I can understand how Israel strayed. I never understood it before, but, now, faced with real life stuff, I can see the choice. Obviously, the choice is God, obviously. But, how and why and where and when?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowlege Him
and He WILL direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5,6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How funny, April. That's the verse I've been repeating to myself for the past week. :o) *hugs* to you...I pray that you are doing well. I miss you and hope to be able to talk with you soon. Love you girly!
~Bethany :o)