Sunday, May 21

Around the world

Four more days...until the summer officially begins.
Four more days...until I send off the kids and pack my own bags. I'm going to miss them. It's been a good year. Better is the end of a thing than the beginning. That's what the Proverb says and I quite agree. Next year will be easier.

I'll be traveling all summer. My calendar has me home for only about two weeks out of the whole 9. Awesome. Did I mention how much I love being a teacher? :)

Hey, One Day people...remember singing to the people in Botswana over the satellite? I sang that song to my 3rd graders last week when we talked about Botswana in a math lesson. They loved it. I've also been teaching them about Zambia because of the little girl I adopted there. They were begging to take a field trip there. "Miss T. plleeaase? We can go next week!" When I tried to explain the time difference and the financial problems for getting there, Alexis piped in with full assurance, "That's no problem, we can have a car wash up at the corner. That'll give us plenty of money." :) These kids make me want to find ways to take them around the world...that's for sure.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hehehehe...car wash to raise money for a field trip to Zambia. Priceless. Our school is doing an International Fair this week and our class has been learning about Ghana. One of my little boys launched into a story the other day about how his bunny ran away. Apparently, his bunny Gus (conveniently having the same name as my turtle) hopped away. Another kid claimed he saw the bunny at his house. The boy who supposedly owns the runaway bunny turns to me and says, "Miss B, he hopped away. He hopped and hopped and he went to Ghana!"

Amy said...

Oh how fun! I wish I could spend an entire summer traveling!!

I will miss you! Please check in and let me know how things are going overseas!!!