Monday, November 11

I won't tell you how many times I have walked to the phone tonight, to pick it up and make ammends with him. I want to fix things right away. I want to make it all better; I want to be released from the pressure that has built up around my heart all day. The pressure that has caused me to sigh out loud in the middle of walking to class, the pressure that makes me sit here quietly as if I do not have to prepare for a presentation tomorrow. I haven't even started to work on it yet.

This question rises up in my heart. What if I wait? By picking up the phone tonight am I taking matters into my own hands? I know I play a part in this. I know at some point I will have to speak up. But what if I wait? There may be something I need to hear. There may be something he needs to walk through. If God has truly promised to take care of me, to handle the matters I place in His hands then there is no need to worry. He works all thing according to His purposes and on His time table.

The verse that has run around in my head all day: He is able to perfect those things which concern us. I asked for His peace and even now it begins to rise up. Even now, I know that all is well above and beyond what I see. He sees the end from the beginning and He declares it as truth. The truth is: I am an overcomer through Him. The truth is: my steps are ordered. The truth is: I will not be disappointed. The truth is: He makes ALL things beautiful in His time.

No comments: