Wednesday, July 14

I spent tonight writing letters from the heart. The first letter was to my pastors telling them that I was leaving the church. The second letter was an apology to a family ("my family") that had been cut off from the church. The third, a letter to someone whom I hope continues to be a part of my life. And the fourth, a letter to a person that I have deeply loved and then lost. These letters have been circulating inside of me for months now. I have been under such a heavy pressure that my heart has literally ached. I can't hold it inside anymore. Matters of the heart are not meant to be hidden away. They are meant to be shared with those whom we love the most. They are meant for the light, to illuminate the dark places that we seek to understand. God meant for our hearts to be good, He meant for our hearts to know truth.

There comes a time when obedience is the only option for survival. The "right" thing is not always the obvious choice. The "right" thing is not always the path so cleanly laid out before us.

Tonight, I faced my fears. I pressed the send key. Now, these people will know the truth about me. They will know that I want to leave. They will know that I am sorry for wrong things that have been done. They will know that they are thought of and special to me. They will know that they are not forgotten. And in the midst of this, my heart is laid to rest. I have done what I can do today to stand. And now I wait for God to restore and to heal and to set straight the things that have confused me for so long.

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
~2 Samuel 22:33~

Surely your salvation is coming;
Behold His reward is with Him, and His work is before Him.
~Isaiah 62:11~

-Thanks for pointing this one out bro.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

::hug::
i pray your heart is restored and stregthened through these steps. that His spirit ministers to you deeply. and that in your faithfulness in walking through these doors, He will reveal Himself to you and light the path ahead.
::another hug::
~heidi