Tuesday, July 18

Good Day..from Scotland :)

Leah and I landed in Edinburgh today around 10:30am. From there we found the bathrooms, an atm, and a bottle of water. We got two bottles of water for 1.30 pounds. We walked to the buses where we found directions to Glasgow, hopped onto the nearest bus and headed for the next bus stop. We waited there for about 15 minutes hopped onto a double decker bus and were taken all the way into Glasgow. Beautiful ride by the way. After reaching Glasgow's bus station, Leah and I grabbed a bite to eat. I had a bbq chicken sandwich and juice for under 3 pounds...I'm telling you...the food here is really cheap.

Leah and I then walked to what we thought was the correct train station and bought a ticket...and then found out we were in the wrong place. The tickets were still good...we were told that we just needed to hop onto another bus and be taken to the correct place. This time the ride took us through Glasgow...beautiful, historical city (pictures to come).

When we arrived at the city center...wow...it was a huge train station with lots of shops, people, trains. I would have taken pictures but we found our train was leaving within five minutes time. We hiked it to Platform 12 and took a short, scenic train route in Paisley. While on the train, I met Claire, a student at St. Andrews. I gave her bandaids for her blisters...she was headed to France to stay on the beach with some friends on holiday. People don't even ask where we're from...they automatically know that we're from the states.

So after the train, we met up with a taxi who took us to the ministry base we are staying with. I can't wait to post pictures...this house is a historical landmark...stone around the outside...winding staircase inside...large rooms and a gorgeous view of a lake the breas (small hills) of Scotland. The people who run this ministry have given us a room, linens, have taken us to the grocery store, and have invited us to cook out with them tonight. What a blessing. The kids who usually are here are out on ministry right now, so this great big house is quiet, peaceful.

I don't know what the next few days hold, but let me tell you..it's off to a great start. God has ordered our steps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen and amen. i pray hope arises in you like never before as you journey through this trip:)

Amy said...

Darn it! I knew I should have hopped in your suitcase before you left. :)