Sunday, October 2

Another week begins...

Here comes another week, Monday being just an hour away. I am slightly looking foward to tomorrow. I am slightly looking forward to what the week may bring. Which is more than any other week before....so...it's getting better. :)

On Thursday my jump drive came up missing in my classroom. I was sure it had been left plugged into the computer. And yet, at the end of the day, there was no trace of a small piece of technology that held the last two years of my written, working, and photographed life. I was sure that one of the students must have unplugged it and even more frightened that it had been stolen. I searched the floors and some desks along with another teacher who came in to help. I asked God to help me and then I realized that it might have been thrown away. The other teacher and I walked down the hallway to the janitor's cart. We began to search through bags of garbage. And there it was, at the very bottom. What if I had only assumed that it was stolen and had given up? I never would have seen it again.

On Friday I got to school and realized that my phone was not in my purse. I thought I remembered putting it in my purse. At the end of the school day I called from my classroom phone to see if I had left it at home. Dad informed me that he had found a piece of metal with an antennae in the driveway....and then pronounced that there was no damage. I remembered back to when I had dropped my purse that morning in the driveway. What if I had driven over it?

Saturday, I realized that these instances were not coincidental. I was driving in my car on my way to meeting mom and dad for dinner, and I was hit with the thought...God's grace is evident in my life. I'm starting to see that more and it's bringing a lot of peace to my heart.

2 comments:

83princess said...

It is wonderfully amazing when He shows us Himself in these little ways.
Reminds us of His love!
:-)

Amy said...

God helped me find an earring outside in a pile of leaves once. It is always wonderful to know that He cares even about the little things in our lives.