Monday, October 31

Breaking News

Just for the record...splitting classes midway through the year is not a piece of cake. For what it was...it went pretty smoothly. But let me just say that a roomful of crying third graders breaks my heart and makes me want to cry too.

I was so sure of my list today...which students go to which teacher...but I walked away thinking, "oh, no what if I didn't put them in the right place? Should I have kept this one and let that one go?" One little guy cried loudly for 15 minutes and I felt as if I was abandoning him by sending him to another class. Then again, I had two others crying because they wanted to leave my class...hmm...that really says a lot. Poor kids I wish I could have found an easier way to drop the news on them.

Ughh...I hope this gets easier. I know it's for the best...smaller class sizes mean better education. It was like giving away my own children.

2 comments:

pip said...

i dunno if this "fits". but i wanted to share something i heard earlier today that made me think of you, of your passion for the little ones, of the hope He has for you.

your primary calling, especially to your students, is not one of a teacher. your primary calling?

you are a bringer of hope.

and in that, ive no doubt that you will shine.

Amy said...

Bless your heart. I can't imagine how difficult something like that would be.

God will give you peace and strength. I am praying for you.