Sunday, October 9

Return

"All I once held dear, built my life upon,
all this world reveres and wars to own,
all I once thought gain I have counted loss,
spent and worthless now compared to this.
Knowing You, Jesus, knowing you. There is no greater thing.
You're my all, you're the best, you're my joy, my righteousness, and I love you, Lord."
-Graham Kendrick
Saying I love God is one thing. Acting upon it is the test of my heart.
I have seen many days and many seasons already in only 26 years. And I know that even still, I will be asked to trust God more, to drawn even nearer, and to step out in faith for things I have yet to see.
As I write this tonight, I am reminding myself that I cannot turn back. I cannot return to things that have held me down. I cannot hold on to things that will not move me forward. I cannot grasp for things that are not mine to keep.
I have to let go of...
dreams, possibilities, people, plans, money, expectations, assumptions, control.
I have to trust...
that God is who He said He is...
that I don't have to earn His love...
that He will take care of my needs...
that He will show up when He said He will show up...
that He will come and walk with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have nothing to say other than this:

1) I found your site through a link,

2) You are staggeringly beautiful

Peace,

ken