Wednesday, June 23

Dear "Anonymous",

I just read your recently posted comment to my blog. You pose a good question. Truth is, I think I probably look a lot to the people around me for affirmation. I have this desire way down deep inside of me to be seen in a good light. I mean, don't we all? I have probably let that desire override a good portion of my life decisions. How does one get out of that cycle? I am finding myself in the midst of a lot of unpopular decisions this year. These unpopular decisions are the dividing line between continued and discontinued friendships. I believe, in some way, that the cycle is being broken. The question remains, however, what is my heart really saying? I have spent too many moments worrying about the hearts of others, and not enough listening to the cries of my own. I have doubted that anything in my heart is right and good. I have forgotten that I have the ability to hear even God's voice speaking to my heart.

So thank you for the pointed question and the reminder. My eyes are on the Lord. He alone is my help and my salvation.

No comments: