Friday, June 11

I stumbled across your picture tonight. Well, actually I was looking for it. Still, my heart stopped for a moment and all of my thoughts came to a complete halt. You see, for weeks now, you have been invading my thoughts. I miss your friendship, I miss your smile, I miss you. I went for a long period where I did not think too much about you. Over time you faded into the gray of things past. But you surfaced, you have always surfaced. Why? Why are you so intent on holding me in this tug of war? The last time I saw you, I silenty said over and over again, "If all the world faded away, I would want to be here; I would want to stay with you." Your presence brought a security and comfort to me. What is it about you? What is it? And why, in the final moments, have I always been so sure that "this" wouldn't work? When I looked into your eyes tonight, you looked so sad. I prayed for you, prayed about this whole thing. I hope you are well. I hope that your life is becoming settled. Know that even though I can't be with you, I love you.

No comments: